Автор Тема: vchoking out Lyoto (The Dragon) Machida in December 2011. 01:10ET 06-06-14 ' ' '  (Прочитано 133 раз)

sunshine0727

• Постоялец
    • Просмотр профиля
 SAN JOSE, Calif. Dan Williams Elite Jersey . - Major League Baseballs lawyers say in a court filing that the Oakland Athletics request to move to San Jose was turned down in June by Commissioner Bud Selig. The decision was included in a joint case management statement filed Friday in U.S. District Court in San Jose as part of a lawsuit filed by the City of San Jose against MLB and Selig on June 18. "MLB denied the Athletics relocation request on June 17, 2013, one day before this lawsuit was filed," an MLB portion of the filing said. "On that date, Commissioner Selig formally notified the Athletics ownership that he was not satisfied with the clubs relocation proposal." MLB declined comment. Athletics owner Lew Wolff said in an email "I do not comment on legal proceedings" and "I continue to follow the process that MLB has set forth." While MLB decided there was not a proposal it could approve last June, its unclear whether that stance could change in the future. MLB defines San Jose and its suburbs in Santa Clara County as the exclusive territory of the San Francisco Giants. The city of San Jose in its suit accused MLB of conspiring to stop the teams proposal to move to a planned ballpark in downtown San Jose. U.S. District Judge Ronald M. Whyte decided in October to dismiss San Joses antitrust claims, citing the sports antitrust exemption created by the U.S. Supreme Court in 1922. He allowed the city to pursue allegations of contract interference. John Brown Mens Black Jersey .C. - The New Orleans Saints will have to wait another week for a chance to clinch a playoff spot. Arizona Cardinals Jerseys . Showing more spark after not taking enough challenging shots on goal in their 1-0 loss Friday night, the Bruins had 18 shots in the first period after managing just 25 in the entire opener. Luke Glendening cut Bostons lead to 2-1 at 13:20 of the second period before Milan Lucic scored late in the second and Zdeno Chara added a power-play goal early in the third.UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon (Bones) Jones rematch with Alexander (The Mauler) Gustafsson is set for Sept. 27 in Toronto, where the two fought a memorable five-round fight last September. Jones won a unanimous decision at UFC 165 at the Air Canada Centre, but had his hands full with the aggressive Swede. The UFC 178 rematch is set for Sept. 27 at the same arena. "Jones vs Gustafsson is on!!!," tweeted UFC president Dana White. "Its on!" Jones echoed via Twitter. Jones (20-1) stopped Brazils Glover Teixeira at UFC 165 last September, with a Gustafsson rematch next on the cards. But the champion did not look favourably on a date earlier this year to fight Gustafsson again and seemingly looked to a matchup with former heavyweight Daniel Cormier, who has been turning heads since dropping down to 205 pounds. Gustafsson (16-2) is ranked No. 1 among light-heavyweight contenders while Cormier (15-0) is No. 2. "I think Cormier is the tougher fighter, but the fans want too see me fight Gustafsson," Jones told ufc. Andre Ellington Elite Jersey. com. "There was never an issue with taking the Gustafsson fight. "The issue was that my brother is getting married in July and I would have preferred a later date. I didnt want to go this early and I would have preferred to go later in October or November. It is what it is. We have a date now, Sept 27th. This was a personal decision for me. I will be at my brothers wedding and have a proper training camp." White said Jones will get his shot at Cormier if he beats Gustafsson. Gustafsson looked impressive in knocking out Jimi Manuwa in March. Cormier is coming off a third-round submission of veteran Dan Henderson at UFC 173 in May. Jones, ranked as the UFCs top pound-for-pound fighter, has defended his title seven times since dethroning Brazilian Mauriico (Shogun) Rua at UFC 128 in March 2011. Jones also fought in Toronto at UFC 140, choking out Lyoto (The Dragon) Machida in December 2011. 01:10ET 06-06-14 ' ' '